We’ll be quick. We know how precious your time is to you.
Did you know that 1 in 4 women in the U.S. has heart disease? The older you get, the more prone you can be to heart disease.
Health professionals are trying to spread the word. “Go Red” dresses. The benefits for heart disease plastered across social media and the news. “Heart-healthy” lunches.
Do we have your attention?
Can you be at risk for heart disease, even as a healthy, active young woman?
The simple answer: YES. If you take away anything from this post, Test Smartly Labs wants you to know that heart disease can strike anyone, anytime, anywhere. What you eat, how much you exercise, and your genetics can combine to create the perfect killing storm. It is essential for women to be careful and keep an eye on their heart health. Did you know:
- Heart disease kills more women than cancer
- You need to regularly check your cholesterol to make sure your numbers are normal
- Keeping careful tabs on your blood pressure can lower your risk
- Your chances of heart disease are 2-4 times higher with diabetes
- Smoking can increase your risk of heart disease
- Weight and activity levels play a vital role in your heart disease risk
Learn more risk factors by visiting The American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women site.
Our goal is a healthier Kansas City
If you work, live, play, or are raising a family in the greater Kansas City area, Test Smartly Labs is here for you. Let us help you find easy and effective ways to check your health and prevent heart disease. We provide a variety of services, including:
- Cholesterol screening: No co-pay needed. No doctor’s visit required.
- Diabetes screening: Don’t let diabetes catch you off-guard!
- Heart disease testing: We offer a panel of tests, including cholesterol tests, to determine if you are “heart healthy.”
Don’t wait until your first stroke or heart attack to be proactive about your heart health. Preventative measures are often the best medicine. Stop by Test Smartly Labs today to make sure your ticker is in tip-top shape!
We told you we’d be quick.